Our team at Lost Artisans follows refined criteria when choosing to work with an artist. For example:
- we work exclusively with individuals who have mastered their craft. Whether they trained under a literal master/apprentice dynamic or have figuratively banked over 10,000 hours of practise, the pieces in their key collection represent the epitome of their skill and experience,
- we also consider our Artisans’ familial and cultural stories, local traditions, and history. We aim to work with people who hold values which assimilate with ours,
- we value the time and skill of our Artisans. By this, we endeavour to venerate a fair hourly rate such that our Artisans do not have to decrease the value of their labour in order to meet the demands of the market,
- our Artisans can be considered ‘lost’ in some way – whether they be tricky to find over the internet, or live in isolated or distant place, our aim is to draw connection between creator and customer,
- we work with responsibly sourced materials wherever possible, such as our use of bio-degradable packaging. We encourage our Artisans to make the same choice,
We are operated by Lost Artisans Ltd. For further insight into our origins and ethos feel free to visit our Our Story page.